Книга Сноудена

Статус русского языка в ИТ и в обществе. Аргументы за программирование на русском языке: история, культура, производительность труда, цивилизационная идентичность. Информационная безопасность.
Ответить
Хёфчик

Книга Сноудена

Сообщение Хёфчик » 12.03.20 11:45

Прочитал недавно вышедший сноуденовский бестселлер. Там об оруэлловских механизмах тотальной американской слежки и зондирования сказано лишь в общих чертах. Вот цитата оттуда:
The NSA described XKEYSCORE, in the documents I’d later pass on to journalists, as its “widest-ranging” tool, used to search “nearly everything a user does on the Internet.” The technical specs I studied went into more detail as to how exactly this was accomplished—by “packetizing” and “sessionizing,” or cutting up the data of a user’s online sessions into manageable packets for analysis—but nothing could prepare me for seeing it in action.
It was, simply put, the closest thing to science fiction I’ve ever seen in science fact: an interface that allows you to type in pretty much anyone’s address, telephone number, or IP address, and then basically go through the recent history of their online activity. In some cases you could even play back recordings of their online sessions, so that the screen you’d be looking at was their screen, whatever was on their desktop. You could read their emails, their browser history, their search history, their social media postings, everything. You could set up notifications that would pop up when some person or some device you were interested in became active on the Internet for the day. And you could look through the packets of Internet data to see a person’s search queries appear letter by letter, since so many sites transmitted each character as it was typed. It was like watching an autocomplete, as letters and words flashed across the screen. But the intelligence behind that typing wasn’t artificial but human: this was a humancomplete.
То есть у них какая-то сохранялка сетевых пакетов есть, чтобы потом смотреть записи как по vnc. Интересно, как это технически устроено?
В инете есть архив документов https://github.com/iamcryptoki/snowden-archive, которые Сноуден передал журналистам, но там ничего технического по этой теме не нашлось.

БудДен

Re: Книга Сноудена

Сообщение БудДен » 14.03.20 15:46

Не совсем ясно, записывалась ли только сетевая активность или локальная тоже. Впрочем, зря я в прошедшем времени.

Ответить